Proposed Expansion Plans
Our plan is to develop a Centre which can serve 150 meditators in 10-day courses
Due to kind and generous donations received from various noble quarters, Dhamma Kāya has been able to construct single room accommodation for 28 male and 12 female students, a temporary Dhamma hall suited for 35 meditators and a Dining Hall with a capacity for 100 on land spread over 3.45 acres.
The Long Term Plan is to create and develop a Centre which can serve 150 meditators in 10-day and smaller courses and create an adjoining Long Course Centre for serious, old student courses. To this end, the following medium and long term plans have been drawn.
Activities in Progress / Pipeline (2018–19)
- Purchase of land
- 4 acres of additional land to be purchased immediately to meet requirements for the proposed Long Course Centre and to create a 10-day course Centre with a capacity of 100 meditators
- Cost: 1.6 Crores (with stamp duty)
- Teacher Residences with two Mini Halls
- Male / Female Assistant Teacher residences with two mini halls (30 students each).
- Cost : 40 lakhs
- Construction of Main Dhamma Hall
- Dhamma Hall construction to be initiated with a capacity for 150 meditators.
- Cost : 45 Lakhs
Future plan (2020-21)
- Course boundary wall
- Office Block
- Expansion of Male / Female Residences (12 – 16 rooms each side)
- Remaining Boundary wall
We welcome all Vipassana meditators to be a part of this collective effort to develop Dhamma Kāya in Kushinagar for the benefit and welfare of many. You may avail yourself of the opportunity to earn merits by participating in this meritorious project. Refer ‘The Parami of Generosity (Donations)‘.